Hear these short audio clips from dog owners, explaining why they love being a dog owner and what their favourite walk is… and don’t forget to submit your own! Just click on the links to listen to the audio. To find out more about the dog walks, see the map.
FOR DOG LOVERS IN THE MILTON KEYNES AREA
Walkies in pictures
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- NHS Approves Trial for Dogs Detecting Prostate Cancer August 11, 2015Prostate cancer is now the most common cancer in men in the UK and every day more than 112 men are diagnosed with the disease. With 1 in 3 men missed through current level of tests, Medical Detection Dogs, a charity which works with NHS trusts and universities, has been given approval from Milton Keynes […]
- Jail for Gang That Made Over £8k per Week Selling Sick Puppies August 3, 2015Members of an organised gang who are estimated to have made more than £8,000 a week selling sick, diseased and dying puppies have been jailed after one of the RSPCA’s biggest ever investigations into the puppy trade. The case concluded today and lifted the lid on the trade in puppies, which were being sold for […]
- Major Puppy Traders Will be Sentenced August 3, 2015Three men and three women from the Greater Manchester area are due to be sentenced at Oldham Magistrates’ Court today ( Monday, 3 August, 2015) for numerous animal welfare offences connected to the trade in puppies, some of which were sick and later died. The hearing is listed for 10am. All charges have been brought […]
- Lancashire Council Voting in Consultation to Ban Dogs from Public Spaces in Accrington July 29, 2015Hyndburn Council have voted in favour of a consultation which could see dogs banned from council owned public spaces, such as sports pitches, parks and children’s play areas, in Accrington. According to the Accrington Observer the Cabinet member for Leisure, Education and Arts Councillor Ken Moss confirmed that on top of the current list of places dogs are [ […]
- Dog Lost on Motorway Reunited with Owner June 24, 2015Lucky Lottie from Ynyslas near Aberystwyth is happier than a dog with two tails to be reunited with her family after she escaped her owner’s lead when stopped for a break travelling on the M4. Lottie, a 2 ½ year old Collie cross, had stopped off with her owner Aidan Hassan for the night at […]
- NHS Approves Trial for Dogs Detecting Prostate Cancer August 11, 2015
- Ideas for How to Raise Money for an Animal Charity February 28, 2014You may already make regular donations to your favourite animal charity, perhaps a few pounds... more »
- Initiative Launched to Help Bahrain Stray Dogs July 6, 2012In an effort to humanely address the problem of stray dogs in the country, the... more »
- Renewed Calls For End to Animal Testing April 18, 2012The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), Humane Society International (HSI) and LUSH Cosmetics... more »
- New Homes For Iraqi Life-Saving Dogs March 27, 2012Five retired Mine Detection Dogs from Iraq are getting new homes! These remarkable animals, which... more »
- Dog That Attacked Police in London had Attacked Before March 23, 2012A dog that attacked a team of five police officers during a raid in London... more »
- Ideas for How to Raise Money for an Animal Charity February 28, 2014